Thursday, May 14, 2009

Is The First time nerve-wracking?

I don't remember much, I barely experienced it once before and the thought of doing it again after such a long time is making me extremely nervous. I hope its not too painful, but mostly I'm afraid it will make me sick. I've heard the first time can really be something, but after you get used to it you'll want to do it over and over again.

The first time I did it, it was very quick. It was when Jeff and I went to the Bahamas years ago, it was only 6 hours long. Jeff enjoyed it but it made me very sick, that's probably because it wasn't a big one. This time its going to be huge and for way longer. I can hardly wait!

Our cruise, yes cruise, is going to be in June and will be 7 nights long. We are taking The Liberty Of The Seas from Royal Caribbean and we are leaving from Miami to go to Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Caymand Island, Bahamas and back to Miami. I get motion sickness very easily so I wonder if those sea bands really work. I tried Dramamine when I took the 6 hour cruise to Bahamas but it made me sleep most of the time, so of course I don't want that this time. I did hear that the bigger the ship the less sickness you experience, is this true?

I'm kind of a virgin so if you have any suggestions on how to make my cruise painless and even more fun, please share. Thanks :)

9 comments:

  1. Lucky you!!! We went on a cruise for our honeymoon, a 5 night cruise. I soo want to go on the same cruise you are taking! I get motion sickness too, so I was really worried... but I didn't get sick at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband gets terrible motion sickness. Like he can't even be a passenger in a car half the time. When we went deep sea fishing in Alaska his cousin reccomended an over the counter drug called Bonine. It did the trick he didn't gt sick at all, and let me tell you there were some rough seas! It did not make him sleepy either which was important as we were fishing! Also my parents just back from a cruise and my dad booked room in the middle section of ship because that is suppose to be better for motion sickness, which my mom suffers from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are also going on our first cruise in June! My husband gets sick on boats and planes. For planes he usually uses the transderm patch and he also takes lorazepan. He is going to give dramamine a try when we first get on, and then up it to the patch, then the pills if he gets no relief. The only problem is you're not supposed to drink, though my SIL used the patch on the cruise and did drink. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried acupuncture hun? That might help with your motion sickness.
    Hugs
    S X

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny! I did that same cruise last June with DH (expect then it stopped in Cozumel). It was with Royal Carribean, but the ship was different. The ships are so big and have stabilizers so I barely feel them move. Hopefully you'll be just fine. I liked Grand Cayman the best. We did some snorkeling there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to LOVE your cruise!! Relax and have a wonderful time! I highly suggest something called a scopalamine patch...hospitals use it for severe nausea, and I believe you might be able to buy it over the counter. My mom and aunt get horribly sea sick but have gone on many cruises and had success with this patch. Hope it works!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun on your cruise!!! I don't get motion sickness so I can't give you advice on that. Normally they do say if the ship is bigger you don't feel it move. I would definitely try the sea bands, you never know. They might do the trip. Enjoy the ship and your trip. You'll have to post pics when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww yay cruise! I don't know any good suggestions for motion sickness but have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE cruises. Royal Caribbean is fabulous. That's who my cruise was with for The Travel Channel. My girlfriend Wanda used wrist bands with pressure points and they worked for her.

    Have fun!

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments, thanks for leaving one =)