Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir.....Voulez vous coucher avec moi... la lala
Before you jump to conclusions I'm writing about sisters not prostitutes, thought I should clear that up.
I want to start with my sister Jenny. Her birthday was just the other day and I wanted to dedicate a post just for sisters inspired by her.I want to thank her for being born first. If that wasn’t the case my parents wouldn’t have had the experience to raise me the proper way. I’ll give them some credit cause they did do a great job with her, but thankfully for me, she got the most annoying protectiveness than I did… I think.
She is a wonderful mother, wife, daughter, friend and the best sister I could have ever asked for. I cannot imagine having a life that did not include Jenny in it. She is the ‘Monica’ (from Friends) in our group, as my brother said because she loves to cook and feed us. She mothers us more than our own mother, actually she even mothers our mother, a unique kinda girl I tell ya. In case you were wondering who I am, I would like to say Rachel but my silliness makes me a Phoebe. Madness!
And you know? Jenny and I have NEVER had a fight! Like Evah, evah… Weird. She was just telling my nephew this the other day when I was chilling with them, and it dawned on me. Holy sh!t that is so true. So now I’m trying to think of something so that I can pick a fight with her. Here are my options:
- How dare she have such beautiful kids that are growing up so fast just to make me feel old?
- Why on earth is she more easy going than me? Though her temper is worse than mine so maybe we are even on that one. Or
- Am I not special enough to have been on the receiving end of one of her temper tantrums? Cause you know, the people who upset you the most are those you love, hmm now I wonder….
Those are not good enough though so I’ll let her be, but I hope we never have to really fight. That would not be cool. So Jen, if you ever get upset with me just suck it up and let it go, ok? I love you my dear, so never change. Keep that big heart of yours intact and thank you for always being there for me.
Of course life itself gave me a separate set of sisters that I’m thankful for. They are all beautiful human beings and I love them. They are:
- Bee, my best friend of 11 years. She is soon to be a beautiful bride. We can pretty much blackmail each other but don’t hold your breath waiting for that. It's not happening.
- Zaira, my sister-in-law. Kudos to my brother for trapping her.
- Amanda, my sister-in-law on the other side. I came into her life so kudos to me I guess?
- Hilda, newly added but when friendship is real it grows really fast, doesn’t it?
And I can't forget my Internet sisters: Andrea, Amber, April, Kristin, Tammie, Kelly, Crys, Lindsey, Elizabeth, Silvina, Shannon, Crystal, Kate, Katie, Kaite Jo, Meg, Wanderluster and my Nesties/Bumpies.
Sisters are a blessing, I love you girls!