Monday, July 26, 2010

Update on my heart and belly pic

Well its still beating, which means I'm still alive, which means my babies are good, so I'm good!

I'm not done with testing yet. As of Friday, the EKG did indeed show that my heart was going at a faster pace than normal. Umm, didn't I tell them that? My word is not good enough, they had to check. I know my Google Doctorate degree might not be good enough for them but I think I know my heart, I mean really. This faster pace is not even when I'm having one of the "really fast/shortness of breath" episodes, but it seems to be ok. I have to go back to have an echosonogram done today to check for things I don't have any major issues.

BUT

More than likely it is due to the twin pregnancy or as I like to say: its due to an overwhelming amount of love, it is double you know. The cardiologist went over my blood work from my other doctor, checked my oxygen level (98%), and  my blood pressure and he was content with the results. He said I would have to take it really easy and that I should not be working anymore, which is good since that was my last week. Party time! okay... bed rest time... whatever.

He said its most likely because I'm a tiny compact woman at 5'2" carrying twins and that this could be normal. Awww tiny compact woman, I like that, but I don't think he really looked at my belly if he said that... what do you think? Here is my 26 week belly pic. (I'm now in my 27th week, holy cow!)


26 weeks:

15 comments:

  1. You have a perfect basketball belly! Adorable.

    And I totally just remembered something while reading this. When I was pregnant, I felt like my heart rate was always faster than normal. Even if I was just sitting around, at times it felt as though I was coming down from a sprint or something. When Jim felt my pulse, it was always on the higher end. I probably should have but never mentioned it to my doctor and I still made it out alive. I'm glad they are checking and making sure you okay since we all love having you around :) But I'm sure this is all part of a perfectly normal, healthy pregnancy for a wee little one like yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanny, you look great! I'm glad your doctors are being proactive, and I hope it's for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Belly! I LOVE it! You look so beautiful! Good luck with the heart test today!
    LTB

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look awesome - all belly! I can't believe how quickly both of our pregnancies are flying by...pretty soon (hopefully not for at least 3 months though) our LOs will be here!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you look great! All belly! :) Hope the rest of your appointments go well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your belly pic is so cute:) I have a heart issue called inappropriate sinus tachycardia...developed it after my first IVF...basically have a high heart rate all the time whether I am active or not...so for me they have me on a Beta Blocker for the rest of my life to slow my heart down to a somewhat normal level....I had EKG...ecocardiogram...tilt table test...stress test....all came back fine except that I have the inappropriate heart rate...Anyways Im on a low dose but now that Im pregnant my heart is going up again and Im sure it will cont to do so the more pregnant I become....Im not really wanting to increase my medication as it is a class C medication but I guess I may not have a choice....I just hope your heart stuff resolves itself after birth...because even though mine is managed pretty well I still cant run like I used to or if I do alot of activity in one day I get worn out faster because my heart is working so hard...plus I think in the long run even with a healthy heart right now it still cant be good for it to be working so hard...Best of Luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Cow! Look at that belly!!! You look great, girl!

    Sorry you are having heart problems, but I'm sure it really is just the extra weight and stress on your body. I'm praying it doesn't cause any complications to your pregnancy and is just one little thing on the way towards having your healthy, beautiful babies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great! Hope your heart issues get all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just came across your blog...How exciting that you are having twins!! And you look great! Congrats to you and your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shanny! I was just catching up on your blog. I'm so happy things are going so well. I'm glad they are doing the extra monitoring, but I know you and those beautiful little angels are going to be just fine. BTW, you look amazing. You're only gaining weight in your belly, I bet you're going to be one of those sickening people who weight less after the baby (in your case babies) then before, LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fabulous! You are definitely a tiny, compact woman :)

    I'm happy the results turned out well. Bedrest is awful. Absolutely, awful. But absolutely necessary when doctor ordered. I think you deserve an iPad to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, a lady of leisure. I'm so jealous of you. I want to be a lady of leisure but seriously, take it easy. Get as much rest as you can and take good care of yourself ... lots of pampering recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take it easy girlie and just keep on loving double time!!! :) Keep us all posted on your bedrest, er, I mean rest and relaxation. :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments, thanks for leaving one =)