Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Two homes = twice the work

I’m sitting here ready to pull my hair out, and I would do it if I weren’t too tired or if it wasn’t glued down to my scalp with paint. OK, so I’m exaggerating a little bit but I’m allowed to. The paint is actually already out but I want to complain anyway.

We are still living in the apartment until the 15th (this Friday, yikes!). I have yet to clear out all of the 5 closets to pack them and also clean up before we leave… all that while working and cleaning/painting the house… that’s a lot of work. Thank God we already made the BIG move last Saturday.

We are exhausted!

We wouldn’t have survived this far if it wasn’t for my brother. God bless that man! Also my sister-in-law, sister, nieces and nephew have been helping with the priming/painting. We’ve done a lot of painting and yet not enough…. I’m kinda ready to give up, but I won’t. I’m too proud.

Jeff is doing better since his fall. His bruises are healing really well so I’m going to keep him even busier now. (Get ready honey). He’s been living in Home Depot. By the way, when we said we were moving we didn’t realize it would be to Home Depot, which I’m now sharing with Danny (my brother) and Zaira (sister-in-law). They are also remodeling their house, DIY style and I can’t thank them enough for taking time out of their very very busy working/remodeling schedule to help us. We are the un-handiest couple you can come across, so like I said we wouldn’t have survived without them.



2 comments:

  1. Moving is stressful! Glad that your DH is feeling better and that you have help from your family. Hang in there, it will be over soon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..what a great family you have helping you out there!

    We just helped Jim's sister and her fiance move into their new house on Sunday. Moving two households into one is NOT easy...I did not envy them.

    Hang in there! You're almost done and then you can enjoy your new home :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments, thanks for leaving one =)