Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm a homeowner!

OK.... Co-homeowner.... but homeowner nonetheless...

Its the weirdest thing. I feel strange and to be honest I'm somewhat in denial.

We closed on Friday, August 1st and celebrated individually. We went to my cousin and her fiance's bachelor/bachelorette parties and enjoyed our home ownerships with completely half-naked strangers. Then we met up at a club, actually the guys came to stalk us girls (party poopers), went to eat by the beach and got home around 7:30 in the morning. Needless to say the first day of owning a home we spent it sleeping. When we finally got up we went shopping for paints and supplies. That was it.

The second day, my poor Jeff decided to check the gutter out but was on a weak ladder and fell about 8 feet to concrete floor. Thank God he is OK. No fractures just really nasty bruises on his right side and arm. That was scary!

We are now in the middle of remodeling the bathroom, my brother completely gutted everything: no walls, floors or ceiling, all down to studs. I'm very excited to see the final bathroom and I will share the before and after pictures. While that's being done we are painting the rest of the house with my sister-in-law Zaira's help. Yay! This coming Saturday is our big moving day and I can't wait to get that over with.

Does anyone else think Jeff hurt himself so that he doesn't have to do too much work???? Too convenient if you ask me......

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're giving it a try...maybe even this month!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments, thanks for leaving one =)