Tuesday, November 25, 2008

First RE appointment


I'm a bit late on this but I was busy getting older and obsessing over Twilight. Sorry.

We met the RE last Wednesday. He is very nice and made us feel comfortable. He went over both our results with us and gave us an idea of what to expect along with prescriptions for more testing. Great.

Jeff has to do another Semen Analysis. The RE said that the low count could have been due to a cold, fever or stress. This doesn't help Jeff's case. The man is always stressed. Anxiety should be his middle name. But we'll see the next results and go from there. He might have to see a Urologist but lets hope he doesn't have to. Jeff's mood increased significantly after finding out that his result may have just been because of stress. His ego feels a little better, and he is not as upset about having to do another analysis this time. Why? Because he doesn't have to do his thing and hurry to a lab in less than 30 minutes to drop his boys off. This time he gets to go to the RE's office where they have a proper room with visuals. Yay for him.

I of course had to do my MRI on Saturday. I'm waiting for the results and trying not to freak out. No one wants to hear they might have a tumor in their brain. I really really hope that its nothing or that its less than 1 cm which the RE said we could work with. Easy for him to say. I just think less than 0 cm is the best, and he is content with less than 1 cm? Clearly its not his brain we have to worry about. If that is the case, then we move on to taking drugs to bring down my prolactin levels. Either Bromocriptine or Cabergoline. They both sound weird to me, the only thing I know for sure is that they are expensive. The best news he gave me is that he is ruling out all other diagnosis and that all I have is the high prolactin. He said the symptoms mimic those for the PCOS and he doesn't think I have that. I don't have excessive guy hormones after all woohoo!

Depending on Jeff's results I might just take one of the drugs to regulate my cycles and try ala natural. Or we can be more aggressive and try that with IUI and maybe even with Clomid. This is to be discussed after we have all the facts together. I personally would just go for it and screw the facts but I guess he has to be a goody-two-shoes. Whatever I guess. =)

Jeff and I both went early this morning to get blood work done. The attendant had a great advice for us. She said: "just relax and it will happen." I almost took the needle and stuck it in her. There is something you never, ever, hear. I mean who would think of relaxing? It seems to be the new treatment no one has heard of. Gosh! Those of us with fertility issues DO NOT want to hear that. You know? We were plenty relaxed when we first started trying and were very naive too, it didn't help. I don't live far I might still go poke her with a needle. Tempting.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad the appointment went really well. It's good to rule out all the other possibilities. It's good that you have a plan in mind. I hate when people say "just relax and it will happen." I think we all do that struggle with infertility. GL with the results of the MRI. I'm sure there will be nothing to worry about. GL with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that you both feel good about your re but didn't he schedule you for an HSG? I think that's the norm to do. You should probably ask. And the drugs (they do sound weird) I think one is stronger than the other and only give it to you if the first option doesn't work. I forgot which is which. You are a funny blogger! I'll go poke that lady for you lol

    Lisa
    Nestie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in my thoughts dearie. I hope your MRI results come back with good news [or, I guess, not bad news :)]

    I also hate the "just relaxz" comment. A lot easier said than done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're getting some answers. I'll fly out there and we can both poke that lady. Stupid stupid people.

    Good Luck! Sending you lots of positive vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls!

    Lisa- No HSG for me. I forgot the reason but he said that wont be necessary. Apparently my ovaries and uterus are good to go =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im glad you're getting some answers and that Jeff gets to do the SA again. Hopefully these results will be better!

    And the relax comment? Makes.my.skin.crawl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the appt went well. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully you'll get some good news soon! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the appointment went well! I am praying that your MRI results come back showing no signs of any type of tumor- not 1 cm or even one speck. NADA!!

    I hope you get good news all around!! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments, thanks for leaving one =)