In what right mind does a person knowingly and willingly try to get pregnant? I mean there are a lot of things to consider, for me at least….
- You lose sleep, and let me tell you, I love to sleep.
- If I want to get pregnant, I have to get poked with a whole lot of needles… who wants that? Not me, I’ll tell you that. (Again)
- That thing they call Morning/all day sickness? Doesn’t sound like fun. Though I would love an excuse to puke all over some clients I have to deal with at work…. I swear I might even force myself to do just that once in a while.
- Poop. Someone has to clean it up. Ewwww.
- Apparently babies cry? At all hours and at any hour! Luckily I have earplugs, so this one won’t be too much of a problem for me.
- Your body gets big. Like really big.
- You will no longer be the most important person in your own life. Whatever happened to the power of selfishness? Not fair that we have to lose it. Not fair at all.
- Birth. Whoa! That part is the scariest. I’m hoping that God’s plan has been to come up with some painless way to give birth by the time I have to worry about that.
Hard to believe I’ve been trying to go through all of that, sup wid me? Obviously I hadn’t thought it through. Thank God I’m making this list now, phew!
But even after all that, my mind is still set on experiencing all those things for myself and not trust word of mouth. I want what I want. And I’m going to get it darn it!