Friday, August 20, 2010

A little Salt N Pepa for mah babies...

I think I've been working on this post since I found out I was pregnant, but now that time is ticking I figured it was time to really get on it...

You know how you get certain songs stuck in your head? And some even last several years? Okay, so most don't last several years but this one in particular has lasted with Jeff and myself since we saw/heard it on Dancing with the Stars a few years ago. Not a new song, we knew it from way back when but from that point on we found ourselves humming it together every so often.... ok, now back to my point...

Since we had the IVF done, most specifically the transfer, I've been singing it to my belly. And let me tell you, I'm lucky these babies stuck because God knows my voice is horrible! The song happens to be "Push it" from Salt N Pepa, which from day one I've been singing just two words along with the humming to them: "oooh, babies, babies" " ba-ba-ba-babies" over and over and over. As you noticed I had to make it plural in case they turned out to be twins..... and well, I didn't have to change it =)

Little did I know at that point that I would want to use this song for another purpose. I'm thinking I should take it with me and use it as my birth anthem. Cause you know the other catchy part of the song, right? It would be perfect to inspire and to give me instructions, gotta love it: "Ah, push it. Push it good. Ah, push it. Push it real good" When I think about it, it just cracks me up. I can imagine my no-nonsense OB's face if I actually had it playing. Hmmm...

Anyway, I figured I should upload it to the blog since its been a big part of this pregnancy and I want it in my memories.


10 comments:

  1. LoL
    That is the perfect song to give birth to Shanny! I say play it, if for nothing more to see your OBs face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww its so cute that you always sing to them the baby baby part, the beats in the song really are catchy. It would be funny if you had it playing push it at hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love that song. It makes for a great birth anthem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a classic. I have my hands up raising the roof right now. (Oh wait, is that dance move out of style?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious!
    I love the song AND the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha...that's classic!!! You should definitely have that song playing on repeat in the delivery room.

    And we totally did a Pom routine to that song in high school. Looking back it probably was completely inappropriate for a private Catholic school!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, you guys are so funny! I think you should TOTALLY tell your OB that it's what you want playing, lol. Let me know how that one goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should totally have this playing in the background. Totally! When is your due date? Or is the birth scheduled? I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments, thanks for leaving one =)