Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'm officially full term!!!

I'm 37 weeks today, that's just insane for a shorty pregnant with twins!

To think that my body didn't want to get pregnant or stay pregnant for such a long time and now it doesn't seem to want to do anything but keep these babies inside. Or is it that they just like it in there? Either way, I can no longer say anything negative about my uterus, even if its to bring up the bad things it did in the past, it has more than made up for it. Amazing. There are so many twin mommies (I've been following them on message boards), that didn't make it past week 32, much less week 36, some didn't even have any type of issues during the whole pregnancy. And I'm still here. In the beginning a few of my doctors had told me I wouldn't make it too far, mainly because of my height/short torso and of course the GD doesn't help... but holy crap I actually made it to full term... and apparently going strong. Simply amazing.

Of course, if they continue to brew in there and show no sign of coming on their own, it means that I have 10 more days before I meet them. 10 more days max. I honestly don't know what to do with myself. All that sleeping I was into the last couple of weeks? I seem to have kissed them good bye. I think I'm getting too anxious for my own good. So much that I think my head is going to pop before my belly. Crazy!

Oh, and ladies! To address some of the comments. I wouldn't have my babies and keep you guessing if the babies are born before the 12th. I have a post ready to go just to announce that they are born and tell you their names, not sure about being able to add pics right away but I'll try. All I will have to do is add some small details and hit "publish" from my phone when I'm in the hospital. Or I'll have Jeff do it... we all know he likes to share exciting news with anyone and everyone, like the bagel guy. And I'll also be posting a comparison of my first belly shot with my last belly shot, whenever that one is...

Now, I'm leaving you with my 36 weeks belly pic:

16 comments:

  1. AHH! I'm proud of your uterus too. :) Congrats on making it full term! My SIL is due with twins 9 weeks after me and I'm hoping that she makes it far enough along that our babies have separate birth months. And you give me hope. :) I can't wait to hear that the twins are here and I can't wait to know their names!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word Miss Shanny... I don't know how you are doing it but you are doing it and you are doing it WELL!!!

    Look at your beautiful belly :)
    And Ic an't believe that in 10 days or less you will be meeting your little pumpkins.

    Sorry I didn't get a chance to come and see you while I was in town this past week - I am scared of public transportation and didn't have a car of my own to come over!

    I am coming back in December so I will come and visit you AND the twins then for sure ok??

    Love you lady!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me smile a huge smile! I can't wait to hear that the twins and here and that everyone is healthy and perfect. TEN DAYS!! (or less) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Im so excited for you:) It truly is amazing that you are still baking those too but bake away girlie:) Just will mean less time that could be spent in the hospital and the sooner you will be home...Even though they say bedrest isnt proven helpful I think it is a must exp in a high risk or twin pregnancy....Anyways I cant wait to hear your names:))))))Take Care!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for full term! I can't believe it's almost time for you to meet your twins and for us to find out their names, I'm so excited for you and Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I canNOT believe you are still pregnant. That is impressive on so many levels! You are getting so close to meeting those precious babies and then your life will be about nothing but them, much like the last 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you and your uterus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're amazing, and so is your uterus! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to meet those babies! You're in the home stretch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You & your uterus rock!! It is amazing that you have kept those little ones in there this long! Can't wait to hear of their arrival and THEIR NAMES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Momma, you look ready to pop! Good job on keeping those babies warm and cozy in your uterus for this long. Can't wait to read that post...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lookin' good mama! Can't wait to "meet" your little miracles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS!!

    I was very proud to make it to the full term mark with twins even though ALL the docs said I wouldn't. Such a great feeling, any day and you will be meeting your monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic!!! I am so happy for you- you have no idea how you inspire others.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments, thanks for leaving one =)