Tuesday, May 28, 2013

When Did I Grow Up?

Did I grow up?

I feel like it was just a few years ago I lived with my parents, attended college and was quite happy with whatever part time job I had. Now I’m actually considered an adult (weird!), I own my house, I am a wife, and I’m responsible for two little beings that mean the world to me. And I don't feel like I've changed a whole lot.

I often wonder how any of this came to happen.
I know the kids part, no need to explain that :D But how did I get to be so content being a SAHM after enjoying going to work for so many years? It's certainly more different than I expected. I get to make sure my kids have the best caretaker, teacher, and mother and most importantly I actually love it. At first, I thought I might get bored since I've never stayed home for so long but I'm quite happy being a bum. And by bum, I mean not dressing up and walking around in heels and makeup and whatnot and never having a private moment to myself (unless you are counting the hours of 12:00am to like 5:00am when everyone else is sleeping.) Otherwise, I'm quite busy. I promise you that staying home does not mean I have nothing to do. I just can't believe where my life is at.

If you had told me a few years back that I would be a mom of twins and that I wouldn't be working, I would have laughed in your face. But here I am, a grown up, raising the kids and hoping I do a good enough job that they turn out happy and fulfilled adults. This doesn't mean I can't act immature every so often, though. Being an adult doesn't mean I don't get to have fun. So, I want to promise my inner child that I will do my best not to forget her and make sure she gets to live her moments too. 

4 comments:

  1. Aww! Glad you are enjoying this time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I always thought I would end up a SAHM, I just didn't know I would suck at it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have come to the conclusion that I am an AWESOME SAHM but a TERRIBLE housewife. I can make Bridget great snacks, plan playdates and activities, and keep her busy for the day. However, keeping a house clean? Yeah, not so much. LOL. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments, thanks for leaving one =)